Suspending/reactivated an account and exporting/reimporting a design

Hi there. I have a project which isn’t fully commercial yet but shouldn’t be open source. I anticipate I’ll need about three months on Upverter to learn the tool and get the schematic and layout done.

Supposing I go for the Starter account and use it for three months. I then export everything to a local file (is this possible?), and close/suspend my account. If, a few months later, I need to make changes, can I fire up my paid account again and reimport my design? I want to avoid paying USD 99 per month while I’m not using the product, basically.

What are the terms for minimum periods on paid accounts? I’ve read the Terms of Use, but I don’t think it answers this.

Thanks.

Hi @bt,

You can suspend/downgrade your paid subscription when you aren’t using it. During suspension, your private projects will remain private and intact but you will not be able to edit them until the projects are made public or you resume your subscription. If you prefer, you can export the design files in our Open JSON format, under the Downloads section of the project page.

A subscription for an account is active for at least one month, as you would have paid for the month at the beginning of your billing cycle.

Sounds perfectly fair and reasonable. Thanks.