Can't access components from library: “Error loading data from the server”

At the moment I can’t access any component from my parts library. It says “Error loading data from the server”. This was working just a few days ago, what happened?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue

2 Likes

I first noticed this problem early Monday morning Nov. 21. I was using it late last week. I reported the problem to Andrew Smith, who has notified dev ops. Upverter/Altium is now aware of the problem. My guess is the parts database crashed or is corrupted. Its not just the your library but the entire Upverter parts library that is inaccessible, as only generic components appear in the parts menu.

1 Like

Could you guys please post (or DM me) with details of the errors you’re seeing? At the moment I can’t reproduce the error because I don’t have a part library.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew,
I must be an idiot as I can’t figure out how to DM you… so a posting we shall go…

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message. It’s reproducible when using the Classic Circuit Editor. Just create a new product and try searching for a component to add to the schematic.

I get the same error message as @codiak.

Hey guys,

Thanks for getting me the info. Our dev ops team is on it. They’re working to bring things back up but it might not be until Monday. I apologize for the delay, I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything else.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 Likes

Update, the dev ops team is still working on this. I’ll continue to monitor the situation and post updates whenever I can. I apologize for the downtime.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 Likes

It’s more than 2 weeks now with “Error loading data from the server”.
In February when Upverter crashed it was down for weeks.

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE..

Please write the CEO of Altium, the parent company of Upverter.
About your dissatisfaction with Upverter. When Altium bought Upverter in 2017 they promoted a better product. From a post on EEVBLOG

“We’re joining forces with Altium because we think we can move faster, innovate faster, and grow faster together than we could apart. The most important thing is a world filled with thousands, and thousands of new IOT devices and products - and that you bring your product to life. We’re partnering with Altium because it enables us, to enable you, to make that world a reality - better than we ever could on our own.”
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/altium/altium-buys-upverter/

Aram Mirkazemi
CEO Altium / Upverter
4225 Executive Square, Level 7
La Jolla, CA
USA 92037

2 Likes

Yea… I guess we are all 3 days away from moving to kicad huh? Shame, I had been using upverter since 2017

3 Likes

Agree, totally unacceptable…
I have my designs, libraries, footprints, etc. here, having to move to a new tool is a real pain…

2 Likes

Any update on a fix for this?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi, I still get the same message “Error loading data from the server” from beginning of November, just I can add generic components to schematic from library and no access to my own library’s components. Also, I can’t specify or define a footprint to components I add.
I produced several projects in the past, now I can’t modify any of my design.

I agree, this is unacceptable!

1 Like

I have the same problem.

I spent hours building a footprint for an alternative component and now I can’t swap the components.

Is there any indication of when this will be fixed?

2 Likes

@andrew.c.smith any update? a bunch of people here stuck due to this problem…

2 Likes

It’s been weeks since reported. As much as I enjoyed the tool it’s time to move on.

2 Likes

4 weeks now the parts library has been down. I wrote the CEO, lets see if we get any movement.
This appears to be a file system issue. I don’t think its an Upverter issue.
Upverter can’t find the parts Library. How hard can this be to fix?

2 Likes

I can create a new part from an existing part without any errors. It even brings ECAD and supplier information. And I can even go in and edit the part after its been saved, from the parts menu. I can’t place the part because I get the file error. The part editor is working. This doesn’t like a huge issue to fix.

1 Like

So is the library going away? doesn’t seem like this feature will return. If we don’t have a community library to leverage, then I’m switching to EasyEDA.