Upgrade account for automatic creation?

I just placed a part that was already in the library: https://upverter.com/upn/revision/fe0a3becf0729543/

It doesn’t have a symbol or footprint. Two weeks ago, when I added a part that wasn’t even in the library, the parts concierge thing kicked in and added them for me in a few days. Great. Now that I’m adding one that’s already in the library, I can’t even request this and when double clicking the part, a button at the top of the pop says “Upgrade account for automatic creation”. Really?

Hi There!

After several weeks of gratis requests, Concierge now comes bundled with our different account types. In your account settings, you can choose to switch to a Starter or Professional account.

Starter remains free, as always, but comes with 20 free concierge requests and up to two private designs.

Our new Professional account comes with unlimited private designs and up to 20 concierge requests every month.

With respect to incomplete community-provided parts, yes - it does ‘use’ a request to have an engineer create the symbol and footprint.

Of course, don’t hesitate to bother us on chat or by e-mail if you have any other questions about this new service!

Adam

Hey guys this feature is really not working. I have lost all my upgrades despite not making requests. Parts I create get slotted for automatic verification. I get penalized for adding to YOUR LIBRARY. I get where you guys are going but I’m seriously disappointed with how you are going about it.

yeah, i never requested any concierge verifications, either. but it seems like every component i place is kicking off a request automatically.

regardless, most of the verifications that have come back have completely messed up my schematic when i have swapped them in, and i’m not really sure they were better than the part that i created by hand. honestly, i would be pissed if i had to pay for that.

actually, i just have a custom css applied to hide the concierge tab in the editor since it was just taking up space and i figured it was broken.

I would like to recommend a few different policies with respect to Concierge:

• Don’t make it automatic if I only have a limited amount. I really don’t need a concierge creating a new jumper for me (or something equally simple).

• Make Concierge parts available a la cart. I’m a hobbyist, and will likely never pay $150 a month for your service. I just don’t use it enough. However, I might be interested in paying $5 here or there for a part to be done for me.

• Pay people back for contributing to the parts database. It is easier to confirm a part is correct than to create it. If a user creates something like 10 parts that are all correct (correct pins, correct footprint, etc), give them a concierge credit.

I would like to echo spott’s suggestion. His note speaks for me as well.

I’d also like to make a couple of suggestions:

• Allow a part to be copied so that information doesn’t have to be reentered for similar parts or for parts that are very close to existing parts. E.g. if I want an Attiny84A, let me start from an ATtiny84 which is physically identical and electrically almost identical.

• Allow one to copy physical and electrical properties from different parts separately. I want this so I can socket ICs (so electrically it’s the socketed part, physically, it’s the socket) and so I can bring in alternative packages for existing ICs.