Update all part instances on board

I have a board with 10 instances of the same part. I adjusted the part footprint slightly. Now the new version appears in my part library. Now how to I update all the instances that are already on my board? Do I have to click each one in the BOM and click “Swap” and then click through the part selection dialog box? I’d like to do all occurrences at the same time.

You should be able to update all of them with fewer clicks than that. If you double-click on any of the symbols, the “Apply to similar” thing at the bottom of the dialogue should show you the rest of the instances. Select all the ones you want to update, then hit the update button & go through that dialogue. I am pretty sure this works. (If it doesn’t, do report back here & let me know, because that’s a bug.)

The update process is actually the swap process in disguise; equivalently, you can also hit swap (with all relevant items selected) & select the desired part again, which will swap out your currently selected components for new ones.

Thanks, that worked. I expected to be able to select multiple parts in the “Parts List” palette, but you showed me the way that actually works.