Tempo Automation Not Supported


#1

Why does Upverter have a “Tempo Automation” download option, when it’s not a file format supported by Tempo Automation: https://secure.tempoautomation.com/home/capabilities


#2

Further more I have asked Tempo Automation if they could use the exported file and they told me it is not supported.


#3

That’s good to know because I did consider getting prototypes created by them.


#4

It’s too bad too, since I can’t seem to convert my project into any other format properly, the project is stuck in upverter. It makes me want to go back to Eagle or KiCad.


#5

Same here, I’m looking at Eagle CAD again just so I know my project is safe in the future. I came from KiCad and really like how much easier UpVerter is to use but I get the feeling that things may not be going so well at UpVerter due to the lack of activity and feedback from them.


#6

The silence in forms is concerning.

As far as possible manufacturer’s are concerned Tempo is very speedy with 3 day turnarounds but expect anywhere from $300-500 per device.

I’ve been looking at trying out PCB:NG who’s significantly cheaper with a 12 calendar turn around.


#7

Thanks for the recommendation for PCB:NG, I’ll check them out. Last year I used Golden Phoenix to do a batch of 150 small boards. If I recall they were about $7 per board, fully assembled (2" x 3" board with about 25 - 30 parts). However, this time I’d like to try someone domestic.


#8

I’m a big fan of MacroFab.

It’s a bit of work to get it into the right format (I’ll be open-sourcing my converter once I verify it works on a couple more boards) but definitely doable, especially for smaller boards.


#9

@seveibar, I just signed up fro a MacroFab account and I love their interface. I see what you’re saying about getting things in the right format. I’d love to see this converter you’re writing and even test it against my project, if you’d like.


#10

@jgillick here’s the WIP repository, https://github.com/seveibar/upverter-to-macrofab

Let me know if you have any luck using it!


#11

@seveibar Very cool. I just ran it against my project, and it got me an XYRS file that worked (with a few tweaks)!

I noticed that the script seems to be adding an index to the end of all designator (0,1,2,3,4), so X2 was output as X212. Also, x-size and y-size is 100 for all components.

I think the script might be able to extract the footprint and component values from the upv file too. If I get some extra time, I’ll try to contribute to this script. Thanks so much!