Selecting component label broken

it’s impossible to select a component’s label if it’s fully contained within the component’s courtyard and the courtyard layer is visible.

all layers are hidden except ‘top silkscreen’ and ‘top courtyard’:

it’s impossible to select and move the ‘D5’ label here without disabling the courtyard layer.

Hi,

In general, when multiple elements pertaining to different layers overlap , Upverter gives the option for users to select the element that they want. For example:

in this case, clicking on ‘Footprint’ will allow you to select and move the rectangular outline (only) which is defined in ‘Top Silkscreen’ layer. The same thing also applies to ‘D5’ in the above picture.

I’m assuming in your case you would have already selected (single mouse click) the ‘Top courtyard’ (by mistake) and then tried to select and move ‘D5’. This would have caused the property inspector to treat the active region as ‘Top Courtyard’ which didn’t allow ‘D5’ to be selected and moved.

In general, hitting ESC will clear property inspector and allow you to select the required element. Hope this helps. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Yashwanth

1 Like

i don’t see the menu.

i’m running upverter 2.1.1 on chrome 44 on windows 8.1

here’s my test project: https://tools.upverter.com/eda/#tool=pcb,designId=882614917a093fe6

Hi,

I tried it on your test project and you are right. It looks like the silkscreen cannot be selected/moved. We will get the issue fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

Yashwanth

FYI, this is still broken in 3.14.

starting a new trace makes the labels become un-selectable.

toggling the visibility of the top copper layer restores the ability to select the labels.