Pour rendering behavior changed. Is it a Bug? or Just Windows 10?

After reviewing a design today, I noticed a difference in way the pours get rendered. The problem is several things changed at once, so I can’t identify whether the problem lies with Upverter.

What changed:
(1) I upgraded to Windows 10
(2) Updated the display driver from nVidia: GeForce 610, Driver Version 353.54

The symptoms:
When rendering a pour, traces on the same layer are removed. In other words, a copper pour that covers a trace (or via) connected to the same net is shown. In order to see things correctly, it is necessary to turn pour visibility off when looking at the layer. I have vias between 2 layers connected to ground. If I look at the layout with the pour enabled, it is rendered as missing copper. If I turn pours off, then I see the copper from the via.

While it “smells” like an upverter problem, I cannot rule out OS (or driver) as the culprit…

This looks like a bug in the renderer that just got released.

We switched to a higher performance render. The renderer is batching draw operations together. It looks like things that intersect with the pour are causing polarity switches.

I’m taking a look at this right now.

Stephen

1 Like

Several fixes have been made to address rendering artifacts and improve performance on platforms that don’t have hardware accelerated rasterization.

Hey @StephenHamer, I’m still seeing rendering problems in 3.14, particularly around pours. I don’t think it’s limited to artifacts, let me give an example you should be able to repro…

The problem is an existing design with front and back pours. If I want to change layout, I’ve tried “un-pour all” option, to try to get the pours out of the way. This leaves red outlines and constraint violations that I can’t seem to get rid of by editing, no matter what I do. Even pressing the “repour all” button leaves a mess.

The only thing I’ve that seems to fix these problems is pressing the Browser’s refresh button.

Could you take a screen shot of this next time it happens? I’m not able to reproduce what you’re describing on my local machine. You can email the screenshots to support@upverter.com