NC Drill / .drill slots not exporting

I was just running a board on the mill and noticed that there were no slots being drilled, at first I thought it was my software but after checking the .drill file in a text editor I noticed the slots weren’t in the file.

I had to cancel the part as I won’t be able to use the board without the slots drilled.

Can you think of a reason it wouldn’t be exporting these? It is a verified part.

Module: https://upverter.com/unsalted/ec9f9282a44af420/12V-5V-Power-Module/

Hi,

We are taking a look into why the slots did not appear in your export, we should have it resolved shortly.

Thanks, looking forward.

Hi,

This feature would be great – any progress?

Ok so here’s the deal. I’m totally on board with what y’all are doing. You have a great ui/ux compared to just about everyone out there at the moment. And i’ve evaluated every package I could get my hands on including CircuitMaker, KiCad, Eagle, DipTrace, Fritzing and AutoCad (circuit.io). The core features I need are all there, and it’s a breeze to get started on, and you have an awesome workflow for parts (however concierge has been a pain… it screwed up a number of good parts) – here’s the rub things break down when it comes time to get my work out of your platform. And I get it everyone wants a different format with different configurations, but other softwares manage this - and it’s essential. Who cares if I make a beautiful board in your software if I can’t actually have it made.

Please outsource part creation or build in a user moderated support model, there’s no reason “trusted users” couldn’t be doing this with some sort of incentive.

But make it easy seamless and perfect to get my work out of your system. Period. Still no news on slots or .xyrs?

Otherwise I see no choice but to pick up circuit maker despite needing to boot windows and an inferior part workflow (but growing quickly).

Sorry for ranting, but I really don’t want to switch platforms but this is makes me nervous and it may force my hand.

1 Like

Slots have been present in the .xln file in the gerber bundle (as RS-274X format). They are now present in NC drill exports. They’re done as G85 “canned cycles” right now.

We’ve had a user or two run into issues with support for G85 slots on their mills. I’m looking into alternate methods for supporting these mills. For the moment, if you have this problem, email me and I can generate NC drill files with larger holes where the slots should go.

I’ve cleaned the pick and place CSV download to more closely match the XYRS data that most assemblers request. If there are formatting changes that make it easier to work with your assembler let me know.

As to part creation, I understand the frustration with how long part queue times are right now. We’re working hard to fix this. It’s slow for us to get more people working on this though. We’re going slowly to make we maintain high quality parts as we grow the number of people doing the creation and verification.

1 Like