Module search crashing component window

I have not been able to search modules on any of my projects since 01-20-2020.
I click modules at the upper left and a small pink error pops up saying the tool has experienced a problem. Then I am returned to the schematic.
I have tried this on Firefox and Chrome and IE.

4 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦

1 Like

I have the same problem. I tried Firefox (72.0.2), Safari (13.0.5) and Bravo (1.2.43), same result.
MacOS 10.15.3

2 Likes

Yep same. Pretty sad this has no fix for over a month, or even a reply from anyone at upverter.

1 Like

Same here, fails on Safari and Chrome for Mac. More than a month of failure, strangeā€¦

1 Like

Same. For the last month any search that does not exactly match an item, and many searches that do exactly match an item, will crash the whole app.

1 Like

I remember reading that they would be integrating to some degree with another Autodesk product, maybe Circuit Maker. Hopefully they are focused on some kind of an update now and we will see some resolve soon.

1 Like

Still broken as of Mar 22, 2020, three whole months later.

Hi all, Thanks for sticking around. As many of you have already noticed, the lull in support and development here is ending. I looked into the status of this bug, and the team is working on it. Iā€™ll keep you as up to date as I can.

@keith-lee-gstix I just checked back to see whatā€™s going on, to see this post 5 months after the problem appears. You know why? because Iā€™m getting partner-advertising mails from support@upverter.com.

you know what I think would have been better than sending advertising mails? A bigger announcement of what you just said. Seriously, you must have lost the majority of your user-base in that no-support phase. Well at least you lost me.

Yes I am disappointed about how this went down. Very disappointed.

WRT module search, it has been fixed, which I had mentioned elsewhere, but missed this thread,sorry. :frowning: I have been playing around with my modules again and I have had great luck. I have to test updating modules a bit more but everything seems to be working.

I agree that more emphasis on Upverterā€™s return to active development in the recent e-mail campaign would have been good and Iā€™m sorry that they were disruptive for you. I will discuss with the marketing and development folks about collaborating on bugfix and feature announcements on the regular.

Weā€™re still working hard to make this tool and community as great as it can be, and I welcome any and all concerns and suggestions.

And if Iā€™m slow to reply, feel free to ā€œ@ā€ me.

@keith-lee-gstix ā€œmore emphasis on Upverterā€™s return to active developmentā€, you are using the wrong keyword, ā€œmoreā€ is inappropriate in this case. there was no mention about it, Iā€™ve even emailed support@upverter about it, and have received NO reply.
There was absolutely zero mention about return to active development. ZERO.

Duly noted. I will look into the issues with support@upverter and ensure that inbound emails are being delivered and addressed.

Thank you again for all of your feedback.