Importing a .CSV List of Pins

You can easily import a .CSV (ie. from a spreadsheet) of pin numbers and names and automatically create a schematic symbol. This is great for large pin-count parts.

Here’s a video showing how it’s done.

We are continuing to receive occasional support requests from OS X users who are unable to select CSV files from their browser. If this is happening to you, please post here, or live chat with the Upverter engineering team from your browser!

I’m still experiencing this issue on OSX 10.9.5. Windows doesn’t seem to have the issue. The exact behavior that I see is either that the filepicker doesn’t respond at all, or that it says ‘upload complete’ and then the data doesn’t show up in upverter.

Hi David,

This is a known issue and we are actively working on fixing it. In the meanwhile (for OS X user), you can drag and drop the .CSV file from your local folder to the “Drag file here” section. Let me know how this goes and feel free to use the live chat or e-mail us at support@upverter.com if need any information/help.

Yashwanth

I noticed a coupe of items that would improve the over all result of the the csv import in the generated symbol. 1) Symbol should be wide enough so the text of the pin names do not overlap. 2) The pins are staggered by one when placing on both sides of the symbol.

Thanks

Thanks a2; we’ve got a team working on “rough edges” right now and I’ll make sure these get addressed.

I was having problems until I tried uploading a file without any header row. Now it is working, using OS X.

I may be having a similar problem. When I try to import the CSV file of my pins I get the error “No valid pins were found.”. I’m on a mac and am using firefox. Here is an example of data from my csv file I’m trying to import:

1,GPB0,I/O,,left,TRUE
2,GPB1,I/O,,left,TRUE
3,GPB2,I/O,,left,TRUE
4,GPB3,I/O,,left,TRUE
5,GPB4,I/O,,left,TRUE
6,GPB5,I/O,,left,TRUE
7,GPB6,I/O,,left,TRUE
8,GPB7,I/O,,left,TRUE
9,VDD,power,,left,TRUE
10,VSS,power,,left,TRUE
11,NC/~CS,input,,left,TRUE
12,SCL/SCK,input,,left,TRUE
13,SDA/SI,I/O,,left,TRUE
14,NC/SO,output,,left,TRUE
15,A0,input,,right,TRUE
16,A1,input,,right,TRUE
17,A2,input,,right,TRUE
18,~RESET,input,,right,TRUE
19,INTB,output,,right,TRUE
20,INTA,output,,right,TRUE
21,GPA0,I/O,,right,TRUE
22,GPA1,I/O,,right,TRUE
23,GPA2,I/O,,right,TRUE
24,GPA3,I/O,,right,TRUE
25,GPA4,I/O,,right,TRUE
26,GPA5,I/O,,right,TRUE
27,GPA6,I/O,,right,TRUE
28,GPA7,I/O,,right,TRUE

Well, this is a pretty old discussion but I was having the same issue with the import of pins using a CSV file and the problem seems to be what parameters you need to define on the table.
Here is an example of the ones I’ve used and worked for me! (Notice the , with no info in between that should be the sub-symbol, I didn’t use any)

1,GND,I/O,,left
2,VIN,I/O,,left
3,VB,I/O,,left
4,RESET_N,I/O,,left
5,P0[9],I/O,,left
6,P0[8],I/O,,left
7,P0[7],I/O,,left
8,P0[6],I/O,,left