How to select an entire trace (useful for deleting a trace)

Short explanation: Select a trace segment then keep tapping the ‘e’ key to expand the selection to the whole trace.

Longer explanation: In Upverter, traces are broken up into segments. When you click on a trace the related segment gets selected. This single-segment selection is helpful in situations where you’ve routed most of a trace but need to re-route or adjust the last little bit. However, you sometimes want to select the whole trace (ie. if you want to delete it). Select one of the segments then keep hitting the ‘e’ key to expand the selection by an additional segment on either side.

Another way to select multiple segments is to hold Shift while clicking on the desired segments.

3 Likes

This is my favourite new feature.

1 Like

Nice! Really useful!

Can we hit shift-E (or something) to ‘unexpand’ that, if we’ve gone one step too far?

You can hold Shift and click the segments you want to unselect. Let us know how that goes!

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 10/03/15 12:44, anandh wrote:

[anandh] anandh https://forum.upverter.com/users/anandh March 10

You can hold Shift and click the segments you want to unselect. Let us
know how that goes!

Of course. Stupid me, I should have thought of that :slight_smile:

Have fun,

Paul
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iEYEARECAAYFAlT/YE4ACgkQu7W0U8VsXYLuDwCg2bF7Ma7j895WGJLJCVBfpreX
BW0Anj15Y8rqApS9N6ugFnzBSOdFX2as
=Cz10
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

1 Like

shift-click is broken in 3.14

Hey there, we’ve slightly changed how Shift and Ctrl work. Ctrl lets you select/de-select individual items. Shift lets you add groups of items to a group select. Check out this short article for details.