Excluding floating islands from pour

is there a way to exclude disconnected (floating) islands from a pour? i’m not talking about the ‘minimum copper width’ feature, i’m talking about large disconnected islands like the one in the center of this (albeit pathological) example project:

https://upverter.com/spongman/d0bd4def29da581e/untitled-design/

Hi spongman,

We hear you on island elimination; this is a commonly requested feature and it’s in our queue!

In terms of work-arounds, you could draw a couple of pours which only extend up to the traces, but we understand that can get pretty burdensome.

You may also find that copper keepout areas accomplish what you’re looking for. If you add paths to the keepout layer, the pour should respect those.

Adam

fantastic. while you’re at it, can you also make it so the individual shapes returned by the pour worker maintain their net connection(s) so adding/moving copper doesn’t take ages?

@adamgravitis Is this still in your queue five months later? The second workaround you mentioned doesn’t work for me. I have an island keepout area on my top layer, but when drawing a pour around it on Layer 2, the keepout is NOT respected. The pour goes straight through it.