Error: Pour for net has signals on separate shapes

I am getting the error “Pour for net GND on layer Top Copper has signals on 3 separate shapes” I assume this means I have some orphan ‘islands’ in the ground plane, but I can’t find them. I’ve dropped GND vias on all the islands I see.

I tried increasing the clearance and width values, but then the number of shapes increases.

Is there a way to find the orphan islands?

there really needs to be an option in the pour to NOT generate disconnected islands.

at the very least you should be able to separatelt select the individual shapes within a pour.

Hi SteveT & Songman,

The ‘Split Pour’ design rule is essentially a warning, not a hard and fast error. It indicates that non-contiguous shapes of a pour are electrically connected to something. Typically, this is wrong, but it’s occasionally intended (if a plane will be stitched with vias through to another plane, for example).

There are several features coming down the wire in the direction you’re both asking for, I think. The one that’s closest to release is around island elimination, and we should have some news on that early Fall.

Best,
Adam