Constraint unsaved / lost changes

Creating a length matching constraint on a complicated design worked fine before but now I get an error dialog pointing out that no changes are being made, 1 pending (or something similar).

I kinda wish I had a place to track all my bug requests.

Do you only see this for specific nets? Does it pick back up syncing after a second or two?

In certain situations adding new rules can result in several seconds of processing in the javascript. This pause can be long enough to miss heartbeats with the server and the client thinks it has lost connection with the design servers. It usually re-establishes a new connection right away and re-synchronizes.

No it doesn’t pick it up after connection is reestablished (waited up to an hour). Refresh just results in empty constraint.

This is for project https://upverter.com/ekeyser/10022ce72690ecff/AM437x

constraint is length match across DDR_DQS* and DDR_CLK, DDR_CLKn

Ok, thanks for sharing the design and specific rule that causes this problem. I’ll take a look at reproducing it locally.

I can create constraints in my local environment. It’s very slow though. There are some things that get structured differently in native Upverter designs that’s exacerbating these design rules.

I’ve started to work on some performance improvements to deal with these differences. It’ll probably take a few days to make and test these changes.

OK. I was just about to post that maybe in the import design there was a intermediate connection that I just can’t see. But sounds like that’s not the case or at least I assume that at least a partial constraint list would show up in that case anyway (it’s still empty right now).

Thanks for looking into it.