Component editor can be frustrating to use

I recently had to create a symbol for a dual coil relay, like this. Since no such stock symbol exists, I tried the following:

1. Start with a single coil relay and copy-paste the coil. However there is no copy-paste support in that editor.
  2. Place two single-coil relays and merge the coils. However to my frustration, the editor understands the two inital relays as different subcircuits and keeps them apart when I save. There is no way to override this behaviour.
  3. Draw the second coil manually. I shouldn’t have to do this but it was the only way.

I hope you provide some alternatives for 1 or 2 at some point. Thanks.

Albeit imperfect, I was able to override this in Javascript:

upverterWorkspace.symbolEditor.design.getActiveLibraryComponent().variantsSymbols[0][<id>].shapePoses.forEach(function (shape) {upverterWorkspace.symbolEditor.design.getActiveLibraryComponent().variantsSymbols[0][0].shapePoses.push(shape.copy()); })
upverterWorkspace.symbolEditor.design.getActiveLibraryComponent().variantsSymbols[0][0].shapeChange()

Hope that’s ok.

In a similar case, I just added another pin to the coil:

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. We plan on having copy/paste functionality fully supported in the nearest future.