Can I export the PCB layout as a printable image?

Is it possible to export the PCB layout as an image to manufacture the design?

1 Like

Hi,

In Upverter you can only export the schematic as an image. If you would like to have an image of the PCB layout then you can do this:

1. Download the gerbers for the project
  2. Go to this website and load the zipped gerber file
  3. Then go to gerber viewer to see the PCB preview.Here you can take screenshots for the PCB and save them as images

Hope this helps.

Yashwanth

thanks

will give this a bash.

i had hoped there would be a method within the software.

I make PCBs for DIY synth modules, so simply for hobbie purposes

thanks again

I dont get a file when i download the gerber files

any ideas for the issue there?

Hi,

The gerbers are downloaded as .zip. On the project page you can download them here:

Clicking on the arrow should download the gerbers as a .zip. I guess this is what you have done. Can you try checking your downloads folder and let me know. If you still have a trouble, we can look into the issue or I can personally e-mail you the gerber files.

Yashwanth

Hi Yashwanth

Thanks for your email, yes this is what I have tried but no files. Checked download folders etc and nothing. If you could send the files this time and investigate the issue that would be great.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Chris Henderson

Wow, this is disheartening. For DIY having the PCB printed to scale would be a great help. The suggestion to screenshot someone else’s website would then require resizing the image to exactly the dimensions needed for your board.

It’s been a year and a half, I’m guessing there aren’t any plans to add this functionality?

2 Likes

I just use gerbv for this - it works great. Download the gerbers, open in gerbv, print.

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge in Upverter you can only export the schematic as an image. If you would like to have an image of the PCB layout then you can do this: Download the gerbers for the project–>Go to this website35 and load the zipped gerber file–>Then go to gerber viewer to see the PCB preview.Here you can take screenshots for the PCB and save them as images.Clicking on the arrow should download the gerbers as a .zip.

Hi, would be good to get the image/print right away out of upverter.