Best way to create traces for inductive coil?

I’m creating an pcb trace coil, and I’d like to either programmatically create the coil (it has many windings) or import some type of file that works in the layout editor and use that (perhaps programmatically generate that).

Here’s a picture of one of the antennas i’m attempting to create.

(I attempted to import this coil as a dxf but the editor complained about branching paths)

What do people typically use to create coils like this? Is there a good format that can be imported into upverter that is relatively friendly to programmatically generate coils with?

Thanks for any help!

Check your DXF, it might be possible to get that to work. We need closed paths in the DXF file, so make sure the shape is closed (at the ends).

Alternatively you could try the scripting inside of Upverter. I’ll talk to the guys here and get you some sample code.

I have been working with Upverter for 2 days now. I am very much interested in this topic. I need to create a 4 layer coil and I would like to know how to do it. Scripting is not a problem. I just need to know about the scripting language. Am I making a part or directly creating copper.

Thanks

Rich