Adding pin to pin manager rearranges symbol layout

how do i add a pin to the pin manager without having it rearrange my symbol layout whan i click save? i just spent a bunch of time layout out the symbol to my liking and apparently deleting a NC pin makes it so you can’t save, so i have to add the pin back. however, when i do that in the pin manager and click save, it undoes all the changes i made to the symbol layout and the layout it generates is just awful: the pins are too close together vertically; the part isn’t wide enough, so the text of the pins overlap each other; the top/bottom pins have rotated text, ugh.

anyway, how do i preserve my existing layout when adding a pin?

Hi,

Here are the steps to adding a pin without resetting the symbol:

1. In the pin manager, add the pin number and name “only”
  2. Leave the sub-symbol and side unassigned
  3. Click on ‘Save’
  4. On the lefthand toolbar navigate to ‘Add pin’ and add the pin to your existing symbol

The point here is that, when you fill in sub-symbol and side information in pin manager, Upverter interprets that you’d like to ‘Save and Autogenerate’ the symbol because all the information is present. When all 4 fields in pin manager are entered, user is given the option ’ Save and Autogenerate’ which will automatically generate the symbol. Leaving the sub-symbol and side fields “unassigned” will give you a ‘Save’ option in pin manager and this will not automatically generate the symbol for you.

This is admittedly unintuitive. We’ll try to clean that up in the near future.

Would it make sense to have two buttons: “Save” and “Autogenerate and Save”?
That would allow users to choose what they really want to do and avoid confusion.