Our Pals at Grobo a Manufacturing Lead.
Do you love developing hardware? Do you get excited by beautifully designed tech products? Are you ready to be the driver of a food revolution?
As the Mechanical and Manufacturing Lead, you will take industrial design concepts from prototyping through to final manufacturing, including building a supply chain and developing quality control testing procedures to create a fully functioning IoT product worth drooling over. You will need the drive to self-manage and to lead a team through the challenges faced at different stages of the project lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to take trips abroad to liaise with suppliers, and your work will help change the face of food and technology.
Also, your typical day might include:
- Mechanical design of the product and parts.
- Building and testing prototypes.
- Making major manufacturing decisions for the company’s success.
- Working with advisors and consultants to develop great industrial design and UX
- Supply chain creation and management.
- Development of testing and QC jigs.
- Communicating with the other teams to create the most culture changing tech product that this world has ever seen.
- A university or college degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or a related field.
- Experience with product development and manufacturing.
- Knowledge in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD experience.
- The ability to think outside the box.
- Stellar communication and teamwork skills.
- A driven personality and can work independently.
You might have:
- DFM experience.
- QC experience.
- Model making and prototyping experience.
- Experience using Rhino or an equivalent rendering program.
The job posting can be found at Angel List.