Enhanced Profiles or?

I was wondering if there was a way to allow people to add more detail to their profile.

In particular I was thinking, it would be good to list out what development boards you already have. If that data was easily searchable, you might find other developers who have the same hardware available as you do and therefore collaborate more easily?

Do development boards show up as parts or modules?

Glenn

1 Like

Hi Glenn, thanks for the suggestion!

Other than the bio field on the profile page, there isn’t currently a way to add that information to the site, and bios currently don’t factor into user searches. It’s certainly something we would like to implement in the future to further foster our community.

While it’s not on our immediate to-do list, feel free to suggest other user discovery features. One that has crossed my mind is to make the location field in the user profile help you find other users within your area.

A quick glance at the dev boards on our site show them as projects, mostly because they were created before we implemented modules, but that can be changed when needed.

Yeah, I really like this idea. It reminds me a bit of the automatic tagging that gets added to your profile on Stack Overflow when you ask and answer questions, but the manual control is key. I hope we have some time to do this in the future.