Common Reusable Functional blocks

Hey,

I am trying to figure out what the most useful reusable blocks are for Upverter users.

Can you give me some suggestions on what would make your life easier?

Thanks,

Michael

I wish I could just select some portion of a schematic in one design and copy / paste it into another.

The PCB layout and routing doesn’t even need to stay with it. Just being able to take the parts and schematic connections would be a HUGE time save.

I often find myself borrowing bits and pieces of multiple other projects all of the time and having to basically recreate them.

1 Like

hey @mcbuilder22,

There is a way to do that now :slight_smile: but a little more involved then cut and paste. In the schematic there is the cut tool that will turn what you select into a module.

10%20PM

You can then add the module to your design and press the expand button in the module expander.

16%20PM

You can do that with any module, then edit it in the design.

Let me know if that helps.

Michael

1 Like

Awesome thanks.

Maybe I misinterpreted your original post…

If you’re talking about pre designed modules I’d say…

• Power: Many projects have 24v power supplies but need it stepped down to 5v or 3.3v for the microcontroller.
  • USB: FTDI block with USB connector
  • Maybe a few common micro controllers with the bare essential parts needed to run. For example: Atmel 328p (Arduino Uno) with just the crystal, capacitors, etc

Great suggestions!