"Cannot generate pour: Failed to calculate pour shapes."

Hi,

I am unable to generate GND pour on the bottom layer. When I try to generate a pour I get the error seen in the attached screenshot. I get the same error in multiple different browsers.

Design id - 6aa5b7b2ad3dffb6

Thanks,
Adam

1 Like

Yeah I got the same error in my designs. Something must’ve been broken on the server side.

Same error as well. Very frustrating. Every week is another problem.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same error. Unsuccessful steps I’ve taken to resolve error.

1. Fork project, attempt pour again.
  2. “Unpour All”, then “Repour All”
  3. Delete poured region, make new pour
  4. Inspect pour, change parameters, then “Regenerate Pour”.
  5. Make pour area small, on board, with no connections or vias (see screenshot).

All unsuccessful.

I experience this from time to time as well. If you have multiple pours in the region, make sure their pour order is set to different values. Try unpouring all, and then repouring them one at a time. If that doesn’t work try changing whether or not the pour has thermals enabled for padstacks and through-holes. Lastly, there is a quirk where, if you have island removal checked, and the pour is unconnected, the whole pour is removed. I can’t remember if this triggers the error. If you are still experiencing problems, double-check your design constraints. Maybe something there is causing issues with the pour,.

I’m struggling with the same… Just had the design up with a valid pour (from a couple of months ago). Added 2 components and now it won’t pour… Either of the 2 pours, and one of them wasn’t affected by the component add…

Any thoughts?
https://upverter.com/eda/#designId=f9be0e806b21e38b,tool=pcb

Andy

And then I change a couple of non-related things around and it works… Strange!
And then it doesn’t…
And then it does…