Upverter needs more regular updates

Hi,

I tried UV a year ago. Not a lot has changed. The version number still says V3.1.4 on the bottom left of projects.

Take a look at your blog area and there has been three posts since July 2015. I just went into the Features ares of this forum and the last documented feature added was in 2015 too! I told a dozen people about this site and not one of them has even considered it as UV seems to be very much dead.

I currently use an excellent online CAD tool called Onshape ( www.onshape.com ). Every two to three weeks they have a release and document it quite well in the “What’s New” area of their site.

Is there not a single member of staff at UV that could spare 2-3 hours every 2-3 weeks with a quick update showing examples of fixes and any new features (if any)? Your tool could be amazing but it is being very much let down by your front of house. Such a great shame.

Speaking of which. It would be amazing to have an Upverter app in Onshape to retrieve 3D models of board designs and also feedback any mechanical board changes to Upverter. See the app store in Onshape.

I’m coding a few addons now. I’d be happy to look into this and whip something up.

1 Like

I am the developer for a cloud app that converts IDF files into 3D models. ( http://www.simplifiedsolutionsinc.com ) We have a basic “exporter” that will load to Onshape. Working on a more formal app that will be embedded directly in Onshape. If you are interested let me know.

-Marc