Can I tag Versions in Upverter?

Similar to Git/SVN, is there a way to tag snapshots/versions of my design at important milestones during the design?

Ideally I would like to ‘check in’ my project during the process so I can roll back to known milestones (project reviews, major overhauls of the system, board releases, etc).

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

Yes, you can tag the project at important milestones. You can do it on the project page as follows:

At any point of the design, on the project page, clicking on the grey mark (bottom-right ) will engage the versioning tool. There you can enter information like version name and description

If you have progressed in your design and want to tag/version pervious edits, then you can use the options - play backward, play forward, pause, etc… . Once you click on the grey mark, the versioning tool will be engaged and you can enter information.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Yashwanth

2 Likes

Tagging versions works well for me but I can’t figure out how to view an old version. I can see the old version in the timeline along the bottom but clicking on it just tells me description etc., no way to navigate to it or recall it. Do I really have click fast rewind and wait for it to go all the way back? This isn’t working. It goes back about 80 edits and then stops. How do I go back a few months and look at a tag?

Thanks!

1 Like

And once I rewind to a version, how do I open that version in the editor? It seems to always open the latest version regardless of where it is in the timeline when I click “Open Editor”.

1 Like

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.